Preparing for 2020
The Digital Broker Ventures team have been working diligently this year to prepare for the influx of tourists (and their inevitable enquiries) for the coming 2020 “high season” in Thailand and other vacation spots in Southeast Asia. Some notable updates on our projects:
- In March, DB Ventures helped to release YonderTours, a gorgeous and engaging new platform allowing clients to research and book tours and activities across the globe.
- Following up on the heels of the December 2018 launch of JobCute, offering job search & posting services to seekers and employers in Thailand, we quickly expanded the platform to SmartJob Indonesia, VietJobs Vietnam and Jobster Philippines.
- Management became necessary and the various properties have been sheltered under the umbrella of JobSEA Group who are looking to expand meaningfully across the continent.
- Our Thailand media platform‘s readership has increased swiftly in 2019, owing to a variety of focused SEO and marketing efforts in Q4 2018, and increased data-driven publishing efforts this year followed-up with site and server developments. Organic viewership is 30 times higher in Aug. 2019 compared with Dec. 2018, and shows no signs of slowing down, offering DB Ventures unique opportunities moving forward.
- We also helped Thaiger Group to launch a sister site VieTiger offering Vietnam news in Vietnamese language daily, expanding the media organization’s profile as well as the shared opportunities present across the DBV portfolio.
- Especially for FazWaz Thailand, a variety of changes have taken place this year, from content-building to agent-client connectivity to better property recommendations and enhanced, focused marketing. Views and enquiries are up 50% since the start of the year, and the DBV team has been working closely with FazWaz Group agents to properly analyze these improved results.
- September marks the official release of FazWaz version 3, our property platform redesigned and rebuilt specifically to help users get the right property from the right agent as efficiently as possible.
- DBV and MMT analysts have been working to improve the core business model for MyMediTravel, with refinements put in place to allow custom leads routing by country and procedure category.
- One rebuilt platform isn’t enough so we’ll be redesigning MyMediTravel as well in the coming months, taking everything we’ve learned in the first year of operations and applying it to build an updated site generating more views and transactions.